Guten Morgen,

heute habe ich den ersten Allure-NL im Mailfach gehabt...für die Interessierten kopiere ich den Inhalt mal rein

LG
Amy

-----------

Every woman has one: the sister, mother, or best friend who's a
walking data bank of crucial advice. She told you (in graphic detail) how to shave your legs. Now, she can slip you the name of a terminally hip hotel in Marrakesh or bail you out when your laptop catches a virus. So who do you call when you want insider beauty tips? Bingo. We asked a few of these experts next door to spill their secrets for looking good.

Makeup

"I rub a white cream eye shadow under my brows to highlight the arches and give depth to my eyes." -Pamela Donahue, stylist

"After I've finished applying my eye makeup, I take out a Q-tip and smudge half of it off. It ensures a natural look." Jane Mayle, women's clothing designer

"I've actually used the dispensable toilet-seat covers in bathrooms as blotting tissues. It completely eliminates shine. It's reassuring to know that even if you forget your powder, you're still in good shape." -Kate Bulpitt, film agent

Skin

"My grandmother in India taught me to boil whole milk, let it cool,
and use the top layer as a moisturizer. It doesn't smell like roses,
but it does give the skin a healthy glow." -Malini Murjani,
accessories designer

"If I've messed with a blemish, I dab a little Neosporin on it to help fight infection and heal the area." -Dilyn Cassel, actress

"When I burn myself from a hot lamp or stove, I slice open a raw
potato and rub the inside against the burn. It soothes instantly."
-Vanina Holasek, photographer's assistant

Hair

"Sometimes I'll run a tablespoon of body lotion through my chemically treated hair to moisturize, smooth frizz, and eliminate party-smoke smell." -Nikki Gersten, president, Shop PR

"After washing my curly hair, I twist it and wrap it in a thin towel
like a turban. After an hour or two, the curls have set perfectly."
-Tatiana von Furstenberg, co-owner, Steinberg and Sons boutique in Los Angeles

"A colorist at John Frieda recommended milk to soothe my scalp after having my hair dyed. I usually pour it over my head into the sink and then just soak for 10 to 20 minutes." -Samantha Ronson, DJ

For year-round advice, visit www.allure.com.