Hallo an alle,

nachdem ich mir schon einige Zeit überlege, ob ich mir das Super Duper Lips von Joey New York kaufen soll, um meinen, eher spärlichen Lippen, zu einen wenigstens annähernden Angelina Jolie Effekt zu verhelfen, habe ich heute zufällig einen interessanten Testbericht des besagten Berichts entdeckt...

We Test Lip Plumpers
N. V. Perricone
BeneFit
Leirac
Girl Cosmetics
Joey New York

OK, now for $16,000, do you remember Bette Midler's great performance in the 1988 tear-jerking film, Beaches? Do you remember Barbara Hershey's scene-stealing lips? I thought so!

Lots of us want dramatically fuller-looking lips, lips like Angelina Jolie's, or Lisa Rinna's. But we don't want, or can't afford, those nasty collagen injections! (Angelina and Lisa have never revealed how their lips got so full -- what do you think?)

Just in time, cosmetic manufacturers have come up with what are generally referred to as "lip plumpers." So we at Fashion Finds decided to test the claims made by these so-called "lip plumpers," all of which claim to enhance the fullness of your lips. My mom always warned me that if something sounds too good to be true, it usually is.

We chose five different brands: Joey New York's Super Duper Lips, BeneFit's Lip Plump!, Girl Cosmetics' Lip Enhancing Lip Gloss, Lierac's Coherence Lip Contour Fixing Care, and lastly, N. V. Perricone's Alpha Lipoic Acid Lip Plumper with NTD Complex.

It's important for you to remember that all Buying Beauty tests are 100% independent, performed without the knowledge of the cosmetic manufacturers. We're the only people who tell it like it is. We buy the cosmetics at department stores, drugstores, and sometimes online. As is true throughout Fashion Finds, our journalism is presented without fear or favor. We take money from no one we cover. We can't be bought.

My neighbor, Debbie, offered her assistance in testing these products, as well as my friend, Layla. My sister, Robin, and I rounded out the fabulous four testers.

I asked each woman to take notes on the essential attributes of each product: most importantly, did they truly act as "lip plumpers," were any of the products offensive in any way, what about their fragrance, texture and taste (just in case you end up tasting the plumpers the entire time they're on your lips), durability, as well as whether there were any irritations or allergic reactions. All the testers were instructed to use each product for four complete days, unless allergic reactions occurred.

For the testing, it was very important that we followed the directions exactly. Some of the product instructions were long and rather tedious, while others were quick, to the point, with even a touch of humor.

Joey New York's Super Duper Lips is a gel formula that claims to enhance your lips' fullness, plumpness, and thickness, while making them softer. Super Duper Lips comes with a lip lining pencil in a natural enhancing shade. The instructions read, "Apply a generous amount of gel to the entire top and bottom of the lips including the areas beyond the lips. After 2 minutes, with fingertip, gently massage gel into the lips and surrounding area using patting and circular motions on and off for 7 minutes. Then, with warm water, tissue off gel. Lips will appear plumper, fuller, and softer. Use as needed."

BeneFit Lip Plump! requires that you buy two products: one is a base to be applied under any of BeneFit's other lip gloss colors. Lip Plump! instructs, "Apply with wand and pat, pat, pat with fingertip. Wait 2 minutes before lipstick." The instructions continue, and I kid you not, "Apply on lips."

Girl Cosmetics' Lip Enhancing Lip Gloss. We tested the gloss in the shade "Jupiter," which is a light shimmering, sugary pink shade. The only information provided is "Tested on rock stars -- not animals." I can just see Britney Spears in a Girl Cosmetics testing cage for a week.

Lierac's product is cream textured, and claims to give you smoother and fuller-looking lips, to diminish fine lines, and overall, to enhance and give the appearance of younger looking lips. It instructs, "Apply a small amount of product to the lips and lip contour area with light massaging motions. Allow to dry for an instant, then apply makeup as normal. For optimum results, it is recommended to repeat the application last thing at night, after removing makeup."

N.V. Perricone offers a gel formula that is intended to clear up any fine lines around your lips, enhance the fullness of your lips, and make them appear younger-looking in the process. Perricone instructs, "Smooth a small amount over the lips and a narrow margin above and below the lips -- covering any fine lines at edges of lips. Apply lip color as usual. As a refresher during the day, pat Lip Plumper over lip color for added benefits."

Teil II im nächsten Post....